8197 Dorsey Run Road, which was completed in the Fall of 2013, is a development project by Konterra Realty and Boston Properties, designed by Powers Brown Architecture and constructed by Harvey-Cleary Builders. The design team focused on the principles of sustainability and technology to effectively design a premier work environment for the targeted tenant profile.
Building Four is a four-story, approximately 129,600 sf Class A office building. Utiliziing the cost effective technology of cast-in-place construction, this four story structure is able to combine technical responsiveness, virtually column free interior efficiency and superior exterior aesthetic detailing. The building features expansive glazing and full curtain wall entries.
Some distinguishing features of the building:
- The load bearing exterior walls provide a column free perimeter allowing for maximum flexibility for furniture, office placement, and interior vision to the exterior ribbon window glazing system.
- Low flow water saver type plumbing fixtures were utilized throughout the building to reduce the burden on the local water supply and to contribute towards the LEED Gold Certification earned by the building.
- Minimum 9′ ceiling height in tenant spaces
- Minimum parking ratio of 4.0 per 1,000 rsf
- Designed to include a full service cafeteria/deli
- Walking distance to the Annapolis Junction “Savage” MARC station
- Certified LEED Gold for Core and Shell